Producing great content is the first step in ranking higher and getting massive organic traffic right?
Ordinary content creation strategies may not work nowadays. Bloggers are hungry for some of the new strategies that drive massive amounts of organic traffic.
This blog post is a collection of great strategies to drive considerably large amount of organic traffic.
So how do you define a great quality content?
Great quality content is a piece of content that gets lots of appreciation from the readers and they tend to link to or share the content.
If readers are making up their mind to share or link to the content, then it is a clear indication that the content is of high quality.
In order to call a content as of great quality, it should also be unique. A great quality content without uniqueness is no more a great content.
I’m stressing too much about quality content right? Because it’s the only way to drive massive amounts of search traffic.
Here I am sharing only insanely great strategies for getting organic traffic. But not about generic strategies like building backlinks, social signals, etc.
Skyscraper technique by @ Backlinko
Brain Dean. One who gained a lot of attention in content marketing and backlink building niche within a short span of time.
Personally, I would not miss a single blog post from Backlinko. They are all worth bookmarking and carrying them on your e-reader.
What the heck is skyscraper technique?
The skyscraper technique for building high-quality content involves 5 steps.
- Identify the content that has got more shares and appreciation from the readers in social media. For this, you may use BuzzSumo, Topsy.
- Improve piece of content that you identified, add more value to it, be very insightful, strategic and include proper SEO strategies. In simple words, create content on your blog that is better than the original content that you have discovered in all aspects.
- Now it’s time for you to find the bloggers who linked to the original outdated article! Use OpenSiteExplorer, Ahrefs, SEMRush.
- Reach out to those bloggers who link to the outdated article. Give them a quick ping about the new improved version of the content on your blog.
- Ask them to link to your insightful and improved content than that of that outdated content.
Expert Guide #1: Skyscraper technique by Brian Dean
Tools that you may use to find content that has already received appreciation in your niche.
How your new updated and more improved content on your blog should be?
- Should be more advanced and updated than the original blog post
- Word Count should be higher than that of the original blog post
- Great blog design and layout
- Great readability
- Should have LSI keywords
After creating more updated content on your blog, it is important to reach out the bloggers. And also adopt proper blog post promotional strategies. Without proper promotion, your hard work will be left in vain.
I’m thankful for Brain Dean for sharing this wonderful strategy.
Jason Acidre @Kaiserthesage
Jason Acidre, in this post, has shown us how we can increase organic traffic by intelligently leveraging the keyword data in Google Analytics.
Here are the steps.
- Make a list of all the long tail keywords for which you’re ranking and you’re not aware of.
- Now go to the respective posts, and then optimize the posts for the keywords that you have found in the above step.
I would like to add some tips on this.
Along with optimizing the blog post for the keywords that you are ranking and not aware of, optimize the blog post for semantic keywords. By this, you drive more organic traffic to your posts by leveraging the potential of Google semantic index.
Must read: The Best Guide to Semantic Keyword Research
Reducing bounce rate for getting organic traffic
- Identify content on your blog that has a high bounce rate.
- Now it’s your turn to lower down the high bounce rate. Go to the page that has a high bounce rate.
- Interlink the page with high bounce rate with that of the pages with a low bounce rate.
- Now, as soon as the reader lands on your page with high bounce rate, he will come across a quality content (content with a low bounce rate) that you have interlinked.
- Now, as a result, he will click on the interlinked post, and the bounce rate of the blog post will be reduced drastically.
Increasing average page visit duration
- Identify blog posts on your blog that have less average page visit duration.
- Add content to that blog post. Add an insightful and updated content, so that readers may stay on that blog post for a long time.
- If possible use graphics and more preferably infographics. Infographics increase the page visit duration greatly.
- Make use of text formatting tags intelligently in your blog posts
- Include great perfect images in your blog posts. More images mean more average page visit duration.
If you’re suffering from low organic traffic and, if you want to increase the organic traffic of your blog, then I’m sure that the above strategies will help you a lot. Just reconsider your current strategies. Adopt the new strategies that are mentioned above in the blog post.
Don’t forget to optimize the old blog posts that you have published at the beginning of your blogging career.
I can challenge you that by properly implementing the above strategies in your blog posts, you can increase your blog organic traffic considerably within a week.
Do subscribe to my newsletter, if you want to be delivered with secret strategies in my arsenal.
If this post on getting organic traffic is really unique and has helped you a lot, do comment and share.