The internet is overcrowding day by day. Webmasters are feeling the heat. They are feeling that there are no more effective niches, and all are tapped. This is untrue.
There are many untapped niches to choose from.
The hunt for most profitable niche is gaining importance. However, it's not as easy as it seems.
Of course, this post breaks down the process.
Some of the questions that should be kept in mind before choosing a profitable niche for blogging are;
- Who is the audience?
- What sort of call to action can you demand from them?
- Are profitable monetization strategies or methods available for my niche?
- What's the future scope?
- Is the niche evergreen?
Tips for finding a profitable niche
- Stop now. Look around. Think of the most common problems people are facing now. Are they related to health or any other annoying problems?
As I kept researching, I came across the niche "Jock Itch".
- Pick a niche that has affiliate products available. After choosing a niche, search in ClickBank, ShareASale, CJ and others. Look for the products that have a higher rate of commission per sale.
- Look up in the content or index page of books related to a topic. You often encounter great niches as topics of the book.
- Look up below the SERPs and related searches. You can find great sub-niches.
- Always hunt for the niche that has profitable low competition long tail keywords. They are relatively easy to rank.
- Search in forums. Head over to BoardReader. Just plug in the word "Health". Search for forums. Search for the list of topics and subtopics.
Here is an example, eHealthForum.
This is just an example screenshot. If you head over to the forum you get lots of niches and sub-niches. Choose a niche that has lots of long-tail high CPC keywords.
You may make use of my all-time favourite tool SEMrush in the process of keyword and niche site research.
Leveraging Google Trends
- Make use of Google trends.You may already know that fitness and health niche is one of the most profitable niches for blogging.
The underutilized feature in Google trends is the forecast feature. Google can present the forecast view of the thing you are searching by analyzing current trends and possible prospects.
- Take a note of regional interests
Have you ever heard that the traffic from developed countries is better? Traffic from countries like US and UK convert better. They have great buying capabilities.In Google trends, if you notice that a particular niche has a greater interest in developed countries, that's a great indication that the niche is profitable.
- Look for variants in your niche
Well, take "blogging" niche. Many say that it's declining. But It's not completely true.Look for any "blogging" variants that are prevailing. Blogging is related to SEO and content marketing. Blogging done to convert readers to customers or buyers of your service or product is called content marketing.Considering variants is a great deal.
- Consider the future prospects of a newly introduced stuff.
Android is one of the unknown terms, five years back.
Some of the Webmasters and people knew that Android is going to hit the mobile market hard. It did.Forecasting the future of Android, many innovative Webmasters started building blogs and the sites dealing with Android. They are a great success now.
Identifying future prospects and potential of a newly introduced stuff and acting immediately and wisely helps a lot.
- Pick a niche that suits your interests and passion
Choosing a profitable niche that you are not passionate about is like hooking up with a job that you're not interested in. It's impossible to earn money, without quality content. Quality content is a must and should to earn money in every niche. Without passion in the niche, it's impossible to deliver quality content to your readers. Choosing a niche that both suits you and is profitable should be your main motto while hunting for a niche.
Most profitable niches as of now
- Health and fitness.
- Viral content
- Technology niche
- Blog on Blogging
There is a reason why I choose health and fitness niche as most profitable niche.The Adsense CPC rates are much higher in health niches than any other niches.
The health and fitness consciousness has been growing rapidly among the masses.
There is yet a plethora of undiscovered profitable niches. Niche hunting is like treasure hunting. In fact, teaching how to hunt this treasure is also one of the profitable niches.
Let it be.
Niches change from time to time. Choosing a great niche, according to the trend is a great deal.
Chasing money rather than passion is a great way to fail.
"Passion first, money later", should be the mantra.